I am glad to speak with churches, youth groups, and other gatherings on Christian theology, ethics, media, and faithfulness.
The following are speaking engagements from the past two years:
- Guest Preacher. June 17, 2012, Stilwell United Methodist Church. Stilwell, Kansas. Click here for audio.
- Presenter. June 3, 2012, The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection West. Olathe, Kansas. Click here for audio.
- Guest Speaker. May 6, 2012, FirstLight United Methodist Faith Community. Gardner, Kansas.
- Guest Speaker. Rezlife West Youth Group. March 7, 2012, The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection West. Olathe, Kansas. Click here for video.
- Presenter. Friends Student Conference 2011. December 28-January 1, 2011. Wichita, Kansas.
- Presenter. Spiritual Formation Conference. April 5-7, 2011, Barclay College. Haviland, Kansas. Click here for audio.
- Chapel Speaker. Faith and Learning. February 3, 2011, Friends University. Wichita, Kansas. Click here for a student response.
- Presenter. Apprentice Pastor’s Conference: Workshop Presentation - Spiritual Practices: Praying the 23rd Psalm; Counting Your Blessings. August 19, 2010, Friends University. Wichita, Kansas.
- Spiritual Life Coordinator. Leadership Institute: A Ministry of the Conference Council on Youth Ministries in the Kansas East Conference at Baker University. July 19-24, 2010. Baldwin City, Kansas.
References are available on request.
I am equipped to speak to a variety of age groups on a broad range of topics. I have led youth retreats, worked in children's ministry, preached sermons, led Sunday school classes, and directed small group conversations. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Holistic Evangelism: Sharing Christ in Word and Deed
- Christian Spiritual Formation and Ancient Practices
- Developing the Life of the Mind as a Christian
- Gospel-Centered Community Formation and Development
- Architecture and Design as Theological Expression
- The Sermon on the Mount: Understanding Jesus's Most Well Know Discourse
- Christian Ethics: How Should Christians Think About the Crucial Issues of Their Day?
- Youth Ministry: Shepherding, Teaching, Loving, and Inspiring Students to Live for Christ
- Christianity and Technology
- The Grand Story of Scripture: Developing a Love for the Bible
What others have said:
As FirstLight was going through a capital campaign and working on stewardship, I found out that Ben had written a devotional book on stewardship. So Ben came to FirstLight and gave a lecture on stewardship. Ben took a difficult subject and through narrative and biblically based teachings, gave us an outstanding discussion of what God requires and what we can practically do to be good stewards of what God has given us. I look forward to Ben coming back to FirstLight soon!
- Brad Wheeler, Pastor, FirstLight United Methodist Faith Community
Every fall I make it a practice to ask incoming students, "What does it mean to 'love God with all of your mind'" (Mark 12:30)? This is not a question that most of us consider on a regular basis, but it is at the very center of Ben Simpson's life and ministry. With refreshing candor and a winsome spirit, Ben invites his audience to think seriously about Christian faith and practice in the 21st century.
- David Williams, Professor of Discipleship & Spiritual Formation at Barclay College
Ben Simpson was the morning speaker at our winter student conference, bringing a clear message to three worship sessions that included Jr. High, Sr. High, and college students, which was followed with discussion groups utilizing application questions he provided. We very much appreciated Ben’s servant spirit. Ben was easy to work with during pre-conference preparation. He took an interest in who we are in personality and theology so that his posture was in harmony with our students and leaders. He also went the extra mile in helping create some application exercises for our groups, leading a theological discussion group, and engaging students and groups with meal conversations. Ben was clearly a blessing to our gathering!
Ben Simpson's speaking/teaching/preaching life and ministry encompass a rare combination: humility and intelligence. Ben possesses both God given intelligence, which allows him to give great insight, and humility, which allows Ben to receive from God that which he does not know. This rare combination makes him a worthwhile voice to listen to in the ongoing conversation of life and ministry.
- Jesse Penna, Student Ministries Pastor, Northridge Friends Church
Please contact me via email for information concerning availability. I look forward to hearing from you.